How does bleach remove color?
How does bleach bleach stuff? Oh and also, what even is color? This week Melissa and Jam investigate these questions. What's the molecular makeup of color and then how does bleach alter that? How does bleach have enough power to ruin that hoodie you just bought? How could you have been foolish enough to handle bleach while wearing your new hoodie?
How to start a podcast. <- Check this out if you've got a podcast idea you want to make happen!
References from this episode
- The Chemical Origins of Color - Mary Virginia Orna
- Chemistry, Color, and Art - Mary Virginia Orna
- The chemistry of Bleaching and Oxidizing Agents - Gustaf Holst
- Conjugation And Color (+ How Bleach Works) - James Ashenhurst
- How does bleach whiten clothes and why does it ruin clothes if too much is applied? - UCSB Scienceline
Thanks to our monthly supporters
Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @ChemForYourLife.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And check out our chill, simple little website at https://chemforyourlife.transistor.fm/
And seriously, we love using Transistor. Check it out to be sure your podcast makes a bang.
- Venus Rebholz
- Lyn Stubblefield
- Jacob Taber
- Suzanne Szewczyk
- Brian Kimball
- Emerson Woodhall
- Nichole Criss
- Kristina Gotfredsen
- Timothy Parker
- Chris Skupien
- Chelsea B
- Bri McAllister
- Avishai Barnoy
- Hunter Reardon